Abracadabra! Every one wants to wave a magic wand and learn how to improve your audio quality.
Whether youâ€™re a first-time or veteran podcaster, listen up.
A lot of times we make things more complicated than they need to be.
Improving your audio is one of those things.
In the beginning, weâ€™re so crazy about podcasting that we think we need to become experts at recording, equipment setup, interviewing, editing, and then to top it all off, learn the incredibly complicated art of mastering and noise reduction.
I was prompted to write this as a result of a question Sean asked in our free Podcasting For Thought Leaders Facebook group. He asked:
Am I doing enough around sound quality?â€¦ Can I streamline theÂ process?
Thereâ€™s a go-to tool that I recommend to new and experienced podcasters every single time:
Auphonic analyzes your audio and does whatever is necessary to bump it up to pro quality. Some of the features include:
- Intelligent Levelerâ€Šâ€”â€Šbalances levels between speakers, music and speechâ€Šâ€”â€Šno compressor knowledge required.
- Loudness Normalizationâ€Šâ€”â€Što broadcast standards (EBU R128, ATSC A/85, Mobile), including a true peak limiter.
- Audio Restorationâ€Šâ€”â€Šautomatic noise and hum reduction, filtering of disturbing low frequencies.
- Multitrack Algorithmsâ€Šâ€”â€Šfeaturing automatic ducking, noise gate and cross talk (spill) removal.
- Optimal Encodingâ€Šâ€”â€ŠMetadata and Chapter Marks.
- Format Supportâ€Šâ€”â€ŠMP3, Opus, AAC/MP4, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, etc.
- Connection and Destinationsâ€Šâ€”â€ŠDropbox, (S)FTP, HTTP, Google Drive and Cloud Storage, WebDAV, (Amazon) S3, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, Spreaker, Libsyn, Podlove, Podigee, Blubrry, Archive.org.
The best part? You get 2 hours free every month to try it out. Itâ€™s one of the go-tools we use for our clientâ€™s podcasts.
Hereâ€™s the second kicker: Iâ€™m not trying to send you to some sort of affiliate link because they donâ€™t have one!
Iâ€™m just a die-hard fan and think more people should know about them and the awesome service they provide for podcasters.